Mount Kineo Shuttle Schedule 2021
The Mount Kineo Shuttle
May 28, 2021 through October 11, 2021
Months of May and June
From the Rockwood Public Landing to Kineo: 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, and 3:00pm
From Kineo to Rockwood: 10:45am, 12:45pm, 2:45pm with a final trip back at 4:45pm
Months of July and August
From the Rockwood Public Landing to Kineo: On the hour, every hour from 8:00am until 6:00pm
From Kineo to Rockwood: 9:45am, 10:45am, 11:45am, 12:45pm, 1:45pm, 2:45pm, 3:45pm, 4:45pm, 5:45pm with a final trip back at 6:45pm
Months of September and October
From the Rockwood Public Landing to Kineo: On the hour, every hour from 9:00am until 4:00pm
From Kineo to Rockwood: 9:45am, 10:45am, 11:45am, 12:45pm, 1:45pm, 2:45pm, 3:45pm, with a final trip back at 4:45pm
Round-Trip Shuttle Fares:
Ages 5 and older: $13.00 per person Cash only
Under age 5: FREE
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the Mount Kineo Shuttle:
- The crossing from Rockwood to Kineo takes approximately 10 minutes.
- The Kineo Shuttle does not have a ticket booth; you will be paying the captain in cash as you board.
- In good weather the shuttle will accommodate 10 passengers; the captain may elect to carry fewer passengers in rough weather. If for any reason there are more passengers waiting to board than can be safely ferried across on a scheduled trip, the shuttle will return immediately for those left behind.
- When you step off the docks on Kineo you are at the trailhead for the Mt. Kineo State Park hiking trails. To hike to the observation tower at the top of Mt. Kineo and back to the docks via the Bridle Trail and Indian Trails takes approximately 2 – 2.5 hours. If you choose to go down the North trail from the tower, it becomes a 4-5 hour hike.
- The golf course does not rent golf carts for sightseeing. They are only rented to golfers, per the request of the Kineo Community Owners Association, and they cannot leave the course.
- The golf course and cart paths are not hiking trails.