Experience the Holidays near Moosehead Lake – Shop Local, Eat Local!
November 5, 2021 by Destination Moosehead
‘Tis the season to support local! The Moosehead Lake region is a fantastic place to find unique, handcrafted gifts full of character — from stocking stuffers to “big gifts”! Whether you’re coming from Canada, somewhere else in Maine, or New England – holiday shopping in Moosehead Lake makes for a very festive “Winter Wonderland” experience!
While you’re out, be sure to stop by a local bar, pub, inn, diner, cafe, grill, resort, or restaurant to enjoy a freshly prepared meal! The holiday festivities begin around Thanksgiving in our region, so make sure to check out our calendar of events on our website for updates and more information. Surrounding towns will also be hosting individual shopping and festive events – so make a plan to take a trip around the lake and take in the beautiful winter wonderland views!
Holiday Events near Moosehead Lake
Deck the Halls – This month-long celebration of the holiday season begins the weekend after Thanksgiving (Nov 27th) and features many #ShopLocal promotions. Along with opportunities to snap pictures with Santa and write him letters, the Lights of Life Christmas Tree Lighting, a Deck the Halls Car Parade, and a Christmas Decor Contest. The Town of Greenville will be decorated with beautifully handcrafted wreaths, that are sponsored by Greenville businesses and hung by the Greenville Public Works Team
Historic Inn Tour – This popular ticketed event is BACK for 2021! Save the date – December 11th – and watch our website and social media for more information!
Rockwood Home Decor & Holiday Bazaar – November 26th & 27th- This event will feature handmade wreaths, floral arrangements, plus many unique items perfect for gifting!
Holiday Shopping at Kamp Kamp
Holiday Basket at Moosehad Marketplace
Mugs from Mud Puddle Merchantile
Places to Shop Near Moosehead Lake
- Kamp Kamp Indian Store – There’s so much to see and buy here! Find room upon room full of modern supplies, an impressive candy selection, seemingly endless vintage and antique collectibles, and Maine swag for the whole family. Shop at 3 Lily Bay Rd., Greenville.
- Indian Hill Trading Post – An all-purpose stop covering your every possible need! Stop in to find outdoor equipment, Maine-made offerings, giftware, housewares, groceries, rentals, brand-name items, electronics, and automotive parts! Stop in at 148 Moosehead Lake Road, Greenville.
- Moosehead Marketplace – This collection of makers was born of the desire to allow local artists, chefs, builders, and crafters to market their wares 365 days a year since there is such a short tourism season near the lake. Offerings include handmade baskets, jams, books by local authors, soaps and candles, woodworking, maple syrup treats, puzzles, home, and cabin decor, and more! Be sure to visit 16 Pleasant Street, Greenville.
- Lily Cat Antiques – The Lily Cat features two floors full of well-organized antiques and collectibles, including primitives, Victorian art glass, vintage buttons, and a paper and ephemera department complete with a table and chairs for browsing. Best of all, they’re open late and often available for appointments outside normal business hours! Stop by Route 15 next to Monson Town Hall.
- Northwoods Outfitters – While visiting the Moosehead Lake area, Northwoods Outfitters can set you up for any adventure you desire, regardless of the season. Talk to their team for expert advice, weather updates, and road conditions. For all of your equipment needs, Northwoods sells top-quality, brand-name clothing, camping and fishing gear, as well as Moosehead Lake souvenirs. Stock up and make a plan at 5 Lily Bay Road, Greenville.
- Northern Maine Minerals – Family-owned and operated rock, gem, jewelry, and fossil shop located in the heart of Greenville, Maine. Discover the most beautiful crystals, minerals, and gemstones in the world. Northern Maine Minerals offers rare finds from Maine, the United States, and around the globe. Contact us today to discuss what options are available and order your crystals today. Find your new favorite natural collectible at 16 Pritham Ave., Greenville.
- Mud Puddle Mercantile – This charming gift shop stocks loads of apparel (with inclusive sizing!), endless amounts of jewelry, holiday and spiritual accessories, home decor, pet accessories, dishware, kids items, sunglasses, and other desirable gift items. Mud Puddle is known for its fantastic selection, wonderful service, and fresh inventory so there’s always something new to find. Shop at 34 Moosehead Lake Road, Greenville.
Holiday Decorations at Moosehead Meat & Deli
Festive cocktails at the Stress Free Moose
Holiday Decorations at Dockside Inn & Tavern
Places to Eat Near Moosehead Lake
- Kelly’s Landing – Kelly’s Landing is the perfect place for any occasion. Whether seeking outdoor activity or simple rest and relaxation, this is the spot for you! Sitting on the shore of beautiful Moosehead Lake at the gateway to the Great Northwoods, Kelly’s Landing offers a full service bar and dining room. Kelly’s Landing can appeal to all — come sit inside by the fireplace to warm up and see for yourself!
- Stress Free Moose – This local landmark presents a full menu for lunch and dinner, including pub grub and diner classics, soup, sandwiches, steaks, seafood & more! There’s always something different on their specials board too. Enjoy drinks, live music, great eats, and a mellow atmosphere on the shores of Moosehead Lake in Greenville, Maine — 65 Pritham Ave, Greenville.
- Leisure Life Resort & Trailside Restaurant – This local favorite offers home cooking at family prices! Enjoy beautiful sunsets and mountain views in the cozy comfort of a traditional trailside escape. Would you rather sit in the family dining room, in the lounge, or sit at the bar? Soak up the warm friendly atmosphere at 33 Leisure Life Rd., Greenville.
- The Birches Resort – The Birches Resort is located on the Western Shore of Moosehead Lake. The 1930’s lodge features a beautiful dining room, lounge, huge front porch, rooms, a large dock, and views like they write about! The dining room serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner during busier seasons and the lodge is warm and welcoming. Stop in for an amazing meal at 281 Birches Road, Rockwood!
- The Lakeshore House – Located on beautiful Lake Hebron in Monson (just south of Moosehead Lake), The Lakeshore House is a small family-friendly restaurant, pub, and hostel-style lodge. They offer traditional pub food and eclectic fare like escargot or ribeye steaks with indoor and outdoor seating. Pull up a chair at 9 Tenney Hill Road, Monson.
- The Quarry – Local fine dining at its best! The Quarry offers delectable art on a plate, with elevated flavor profiles and unique plating to deliver the high-class experience in the relaxed atmosphere of a local restaurant. Visit once, and you’ll be hooked! See what the north woods can serve up at 15 Tenney Hill Rd., Monson.
- Moosehead Meat and Deli – The Deli carries Boars Head Deli meats and cheeses, fresh beef, chicken, and pork. Marinated kabobs are their specialty and a favorite of locals and visitors alike. They are held to have the best sandwiches around, and their burgers are freshly ground several times a day for freshness and quality. See for yourself at 17A Eveleth Hill Greenville.
- Monson General Store – This all-in-one-stop offers a deli featuring Boar’s Head meats and Pineland Farms cheeses sliced to order. Grab an entrée, soup, or salad to go or order our generously portioned sandwiches. They offer the renowned Pineland Farms meats and cheeses as well as a broad selection of wines and craft beers including locally produced Spotted Cat wines. Throughout the growing season, their produce is Maine-grown and locally sourced whenever possible. With price points to please everyone, their gifts are unique to the area. Stop in and fill up at 12 Greenville Rd.!